Burritt on the Mountain is governed by a 17 member Board of Directors appointed by the City of Huntsville. The board’s primary responsibilities include:
• Determine mission and purpose,
• Select the Chief Executive Officer,
• Support and evaluate the chief executive,
• Ensure effective planning,
• Monitor and strengthen programs and services,
• Ensure adequate financial resources,
• Protect assets and provide financial oversight,
• Build a competent board,
• Ensure legal and ethical integrity,
• Enhance the organization’s public standing.
Burritt’s board has been proactive in incorporating strong governance principles. The board meets once a month as a whole. Board members also serve on Governance, Finance, Executive, Development and Personnel committees. Our directors sign a Conflict of Interest Statement, and a Code of Ethics. Burritt has a Whistleblower and Document Destruction and Retention Policy to be in compliance with Sarbanes- Oxley, even though this is not a requirement for non-profits organizations. Board members may serve two, three year terms of office.
To contact a Board Member via email, please click their name in their listing below.