There are different ways of visiting Burritt on the Mountain for groups. Call us and sign up for a guided tour with hands-on opportunities or just come and meander through the park at your own pace. Our interpreters love to share their knowlege of the houses, animals, trails and mansion.
Regular admission rates apply with one teacher and bus driver admitted free when accompanying 15 or more students. Advance notice is requested for groups of 15 or more.
$8 per student with 1 adult/teacher and bus driver admitted free. Accompanying adults and siblings pay the field trip price. A minimum of 15 students is necessary for guided and hands-on tours. A reservation is required.
Helpful Hints for a Great Trip
Dress for the Mountain!
Make additional copies of the registration form as needed. Send the completed reservation form with the total fee or school purchase order to: Burritt on the Mountain, Attn: Tammy Cooney, 3101 Burritt DR, Huntsville, AL 35801,
or fax 256-532-1784.
- Remember to reserve your own bus.
- Students are invited to shop in Josie’s on the Mountain with a chaperone and in small groups. (See the registration form.)
- Take your lunches to a designated onsite location upon arrival. Lunches should be packed in class coolers or containers.
- Buses should drop off by the Welcome Center, then move the bus to the designated parking area.
- Restrooms are on the outside of the Welcome Center.
- The size of the group influences the length of the stay on site.
- Instruct students to dress appropriately for the weather on the mountain, outside activities and creative projects.
- Sturdy shoes for walking are encouraged. Long socks or pants are encouraged when hiking on the trails.
- Cancellations must be made two weeks before the scheduled visit to avoid a 25 percent charge.
- Cancellations or rescheduling due to weather issues may be made if there are severe weather warnings the morning of, including: thunderstorms, tornado watches and warnings.
- Classroom teachers and bus drivers are free. Parents pay the same rate as the students.